Research and Innovation Office
The Research and Innovation Office develops research and innovation activities at Université Laval and establishes general policies in these areas.
To do so, it:
- Provides personalized support services to faculty members for funding, intellectual property, research development, ethics, and responsible conduct of research
- Develops and enforces policies and regulations regarding research and innovation
- Integrates research and innovation activities into student training
- Divides responsibilities for research and innovation among faculties, departments, institutes, centres, chairs, and research groups
Research funding and management
- Support and advisory services to professors in collaboration with faculties
- Monitoring, analysis, and dissemination of funding programs
- Development, updates, and dissemination of policies and regulations
Ethical and responsible conduct of research
- Promotion and support for the ongoing development of a culture of ethical, honest, and responsible conduct of research, including training for the university community
- Support for the activities of ethics committees on research involving humans
- Support for Veterinary Services in maintaining and developing ethical standard conditions for animal use at Université Laval and its affiliated research centres.